- Laying down a layer of vapor barrier over sand
- Placing and packing together two layers of styrofoam insulation.
- Laying another layer of vapor barrier
- Placing row after row of chair rails and taping them together.
- Placing an endless grid of rebar and tying the joints together by hand.
- Helping place the expansion joint around the edge of the rink
- Trimming the excess vapor barrier
- Helping lay and tie down two hundred rows of cooling pipes
Later this week we'll be helping tie down the final mesh layer that covers everything up. Thank you all for your help in keeping us on schedule! If you want to help, e-mail email@example.com.
One layer of vapor barrier down, starting the foam.
Laying the chair rails where the cooling pipes rest.
The rebar grid begins.
Tying this grid together was quite the effort, but we knocked it out in a day!
The finished product
Beginning to lay pipe
Almost done! There will be 206 rows in all.
Can you match the 135 hours of volunteer time with a donation to our building fund?